Question How to fix this issue?

realbouncybear

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
Hey, so my cousin is having issues with his network adapter integrated into his gaming laptop. He is playing world of warcraft and after a few minutes maybe a few seconds it would just disconnect him and force him to reconnect ingame.

Any solution to fixing this issue in the laptop? We also tried to solve this problem with a wireless adapter and also ran into a problem that u will read below.

So he went out and bought a linksys WUSB61000M wireless usb adapter. He plugs it in and it registers and WiFi 2, the laptop is still basically connected to the killer networking adapter card integrated in the laptop, we tried a bunch of different solutions to just have the wireless adapter work and not having the one inside the computer connect. We disabled it, we've tried so many different solutions that I know of, sometimes we would get to the point where the wifi would connect and have full bars but would just say "No Internet Connection", and other times it would just made the networking globe logo appear and just say "No Internet Access". We have disabled and enabled/uninstalled and reinstalled both adapters in device manager. Maybe were doing something wrong? Any help here?

realbouncybear

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
The original wifi card - did it ever happens to disconnect when NOT playing wow ?

I don’t believe it disconnects other times, it just boots him off of the game often, the WiFi doesn’t really disconnect. I’ve had people tell me who had this issue tell me that they fixed it changing network adapters which is why we got a WiFi adapter

realbouncybear

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
Hey, so my cousin is having issues with his network adapter integrated into his gaming laptop. He is playing world of warcraft and after a few minutes maybe a few seconds it would just disconnect him and force him to reconnect ingame.

Any solution to fixing this issue in the laptop? We also tried to solve this problem with a wireless adapter and also ran into a problem that u will read below.

So he went out and bought a linksys WUSB61000M wireless usb adapter. He plugs it in and it registers and WiFi 2, the laptop is still basically connected to the killer networking adapter card integrated in the laptop, we tried a bunch of different solutions to just have the wireless adapter work and not having the one inside the computer connect. We disabled it, we've tried so many different solutions that I know of, sometimes we would get to the point where the wifi would connect and have full bars but would just say "No Internet Connection", and other times it would just made the networking globe logo appear and just say "No Internet Access". We have disabled and enabled/uninstalled and reinstalled both adapters in device manager. Maybe were doing something wrong? Any help here?

realbouncybear

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
So this is what is happening right now with the adapter and the laptop, can't really figure out how to fix anything. Here are the screenshots, if u look at the bottom right task bar for the first screenshot u can see the network logo and not the wifi logo, but it is connected to the wifi. Can't connect to internet still. The adapter is a light blue color which means it is working. And it is 100% connected to the adapter

The adapter is Linksys WUSB6100M

View: https://imgur.com/eTzoM63.jpg

View: https://i.imgur.com/fXwsY40.jpg

View: https://i.imgur.com/1YP7BTK.jpg

realbouncybear

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
stick with 1 thread. don't spam the forum
So I have this laptop that runs completely fine with the network adapter and speeds and stuff, but when I play certain games like World of Warcraft I would get disconnected maybe after a couple seconds up to a couple minutes after I log in. I don't disconnect from the wifi or anything, just the game. I have spoken with people who have had this issue and said they just got a new network adapter and it fixed it for them. Is there any solution to this without buying a network adapter?