[SOLVED] How to fix this monitor? These horizontal lines changes from white lines to black lines just after turning on the monitor. Model is LG Flatron L192WS.

mohitkumar16081993

Prominent
Feb 1, 2019
It's a TN LCD panel.

These are the things that i tried.

1. Disassembled the monitor and reassembled it's again.

2. Tried to press at the corner of the screen where the horizontal lines are.

3. Connected the laptop with other monitor but everything is fine in that monitor.

4. changed the power cable and VGA cable but issue is still there. Issue is with monitor because i can see these lines even when the monitor is not connected to my laptop but just powered on.

This is how the panel is behaving.

View: https://youtu.be/QEYEeqs4RxA

I can see that pixels are active but they are responding late to my inputs, like they change colour but not instantly.

But after sometime the lines becomes completely black and show no activity as you can see in this video.

Last edited:
Solution
The Ribbon cable is specific to the monitor. Chances are nil you can get a replacement part on a 13 year old monitor, it's also difficult to access both sides of the cable. But it could be either the Ribbon Cable, the connection point for the cable or the tcon board if its not the panel. You can maybe find the part on ebay. There are tutorials on how to do this online.
I would actually feel a little nervous about trying to work on some aspects of a monitor, especially with the exposed PSU.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
It's dead Jim. Panel failure, ribbon cable damaged, or bad tcon board. That's a 13 year old monitor. Inactive horizontal line in the same spot suggests it's damage to the ribbon cable or its connector, or it's a bad panel.
Based on what you tried its probably a bad panel. Better to just get a new 19in if you can afford it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mohitkumar16081993

mohitkumar16081993

Prominent
Feb 1, 2019
It's dead Jim. Panel failure, ribbon cable damaged, or bad tcon board. That's a 13 year old monitor. Inactive horizontal line in the same spot suggests it's damage to the ribbon cable or its connector, or it's a bad panel.
Based on what you tried its probably a bad panel. Better to just get a new 19in if you can afford it.
I feel that panel is ok. Is there a way to replace the ribbon cable?

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
The Ribbon cable is specific to the monitor. Chances are nil you can get a replacement part on a 13 year old monitor, it's also difficult to access both sides of the cable. But it could be either the Ribbon Cable, the connection point for the cable or the tcon board if its not the panel. You can maybe find the part on ebay. There are tutorials on how to do this online.
I would actually feel a little nervous about trying to work on some aspects of a monitor, especially with the exposed PSU.

Last edited:
Solution