Question how to fix underclocking on a very old bios that doesnt have speed step options

Apr 25, 2021
hi I have a very old pc with 2.19 as the base speed after a windows update my cpu was only going at 0.80 base speed i found the problem its speedstep but i cant fix it cuz i have a very old bios plz help me as fast as possible

Apr 25, 2021
hey do u want me to do something with the ppo current limit ?
or do i have to do anything on PL1 and Pl2
plz reply btw i use asus x54l

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021
thanks for the help lately i think my cpu is thermal throtling i dont think i can buy another cooler or a thermal paste
do u know any way to stop that ?

uWebb429

Prominent
May 22, 2020
can u show me the settings i need to put in throttle stop to bring back performance
If you need some help with ThrottleStop, post some pictures so I can see what speed your CPU is running at. I also need to see what boxes are checked and how you have the program setup. The more pictures you provide of the problem you are having, the better chance that I can help you.

It is impossible to make any suggestions with the limited information you have provided so far.

Reactions: SamirD
Apr 25, 2021
If you need some help with ThrottleStop, post some pictures so I can see what speed your CPU is running at. I also need to see what boxes are checked and how you have the program setup. The more pictures you provide of the problem you are having, the better chance that I can help you.

It is impossible to make any suggestions with the limited information you have provided so far.
i put all to max but i dont think my system is listening to throttle stop its just doing wat it used to do

uWebb429

Prominent
May 22, 2020
i dont think my system is listening to throttle stop
If you do not know how to use the program, post some pictures of how you have ThrottleStop setup. Disabling SpeedStep is the last thing you want to do. SpeedStep is not your problem. If you are stuck at 800 MHz, clear the BD PROCHOT box in ThrottleStop. Leave SpeedStep enabled.

Reactions: SamirD

ASK THE COMMUNITY