[SOLVED] How to fix VGA & Boot light

Jun 30, 2020
I have a new build. The VGA and Boot light comes on during boot. he board is a ASUS X570-Plus which only has a Display & HDMI port.
I tried hooking up my HDMI monitor to the MoBo connector but it didn't help.
Rest of system 2x16 GB, 3600Mhz memory.
ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti graphics card.
240 GB Samsung SSD.
1 TB Western Digital HDD.
ASUS CD/DVD.
600 watt power supply.

Solution
You haven't mentioned your CPU. Connecting to motherboard display port will only work if your CPU has integrated graphics, and since you have an AMD processor, the CPU will have integrated graphics only if it has a 'G' in its name.

Try using a different PCI-E slot on the motherboard for the GPU. Do you have another working system where you could test the GPU, or a different GPU?
You haven't mentioned your CPU. Connecting to motherboard display port will only work if your CPU has integrated graphics, and since you have an AMD processor, the CPU will have integrated graphics only if it has a 'G' in its name.

Try using a different PCI-E slot on the motherboard for the GPU. Do you have another working system where you could test the GPU, or a different GPU?

Solution
Jun 30, 2020

CPU is Ryzen 7
I was originally attaching to the HDMI connector on the mobo.
I hooked up my monitor to the HDMI port on my Graphics card on the original PCIe slot and I was able to boot up. I didn't realize there was no integrated video on the mobo.

Thank$ loads!!!

Reactions: Shektron

TRENDING THREADS