DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
hello, i am trying to figure out how to improve my homes wifi network. ive noticed with all of our smart home devices, laptops, consoles, phones, tvs, ect. that sometimes it seems like some of the devices cant connect to the wifi in my home. it will say its connected to the wifi but it says it wont connect to the internet. it seems like if we kick a few devices off the wifi network it seems to work just fine then. the only thing i could think of is maybe my wifi network is congested?

i was wondering if something like having an access point connected to my router would help or even a second router or set up a guest network on my current router?

my current router is a Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 and current internet speeds (according to the netgear nighthawk app) is 922mbps down and 40.5 up
thank you :)

kanewolf

Titan
hello, i am trying to figure out how to improve my homes wifi network. ive noticed with all of our smart home devices, laptops, consoles, phones, tvs, ect. that sometimes it seems like some of the devices cant connect to the wifi in my home. it will say its connected to the wifi but it says it wont connect to the internet. it seems like if we kick a few devices off the wifi network it seems to work just fine then. the only thing i could think of is maybe my wifi network is congested?

i was wondering if something like having an access point connected to my router would help or even a second router or set up a guest network on my current router?

my current router is a Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 and current internet speeds (according to the netgear nighthawk app) is 922mbps down and 40.5 up
thank you :)
Could you be running out of IP addresses in your DHCP range?