How to fix windows 7 network adapter connecting problems

thepcgamer099

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013
I have a pc which i originally used windows vista on a hard drive and used a network adapter that works fine but when I used a different hard drive with windows 7 the network adapter won't work. My connection tab on the tool bar in the lower right hand corner has a red cross through it and it says no connections are available but it works on my windows 7 laptop and other pcs. I have tried in total 3 or 4 different network adapters with receiving the same results. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and installing them again with no results and disabling and enabling the network adapters and i got no different. When I trouble shoot the problem it says connect an Ethernet to modem or rota but the network adapters are wireless and I AM in range of the internet modem as my laptop sits right next to it but manages to connect fine. Please help this is really frustrating and I have even tried command prompts like reset ip address but it told me no operation can be performed in local area connection while it's media is disconnected. Please help and thanks in advance.

thepcgamer099

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013

device manager shows the adapter but has a yellow warning sign over it. Why is this? and when i went in properties it says the drivers are not installed but i installed them. i also tried unistalling and installing the drivers again but it comes says no drivers were found

tn015461

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014