[SOLVED] How to fix Windows 7 stuck during factory resetting?

May 24, 2021
I’m resetting my Dell Windows 7 to factory setting, complete reset wiping it clean. I passed the “Preparing to Reset” 100% with no problem. The next stage was “Installing Windows”. The notification said the computer will restart several times. When installation reached 24% the computer restarted. It’s been stuck on a black screen ever since with only the mouse visible. There was also a notification not to turn off the computer. I don’t know what to do since it’s still in the process of installing Windows and the factory resetting is not complete.

Solution
It worked. It’s on the Basics to setup computer. Thank you very much. Your help is much appreciated.
You're welcome.
If it's just black for a few seconds so far then the chances of corruption are around 95%.
If you leave it on and it's still black after 5 minutes it's already down to about 30%.
While it never goes to 0% due to windows sometimes half-loading and freezing and potentially wrong shutdowns (such as unplugging), it becomes the lowest it will become after around 10 minutes.
May 24, 2021
No other computers. Pardon my lack of knowledge but how would I restart from a black screen? I pressed the power button and nothing happens. Should I unplug it?

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
No other computers. Pardon my lack of knowledge but how would I restart from a black screen? I pressed the power button and nothing happens. Should I unplug it?
This is quite stressful.
DO NOT unplug a running computer, it could kill the drive.
Hold the power for a few seconds.

If it's corrupted then your best bet is to buy another Windows DVD or try to somehow get some physical Linux installation medium while you save up for a new Windows DVD.

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
It worked. It’s on the Basics to setup computer. Thank you very much. Your help is much appreciated.
You're welcome.
If it's just black for a few seconds so far then the chances of corruption are around 95%.
If you leave it on and it's still black after 5 minutes it's already down to about 30%.
While it never goes to 0% due to windows sometimes half-loading and freezing and potentially wrong shutdowns (such as unplugging), it becomes the lowest it will become after around 10 minutes.

Solution