News How to Fix Windows' Worst Default Setting: Apps Preventing Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that disabling the Fast Startup setting also works sometimes.

this-app-is-preventing-shutdown-10.png

By the way, why are you guys posting tutorials under the "News" section. It is listed under the news page. I think there should be a separate column/section for this, similar to like "How-To", "Tutorials", or "Tips & Tricks", just as an example. Just my thoughts.

apiltch

Editor-in-Chief
Editor
Sep 15, 2014
By the way, why are you guys posting tutorials under the "News" section. It is listed under the news page. I think there should be a separate column/section for this, similar to like "How-To", "Tutorials", or "Tips & Tricks", just as an example. Just my thoughts.

As a huge metal fan, I am always eager to answer the Metal Messiah :). So it's a CMS thing that if we use the "news" template in our CMS, it ends up in the news river on our home page until it gets pushed off by newer stories. So we use the "news" template for all of our how-tos so that they can get a chance to be in the home page news river and Google News feed for a while. That gives them the best chance of being seen by readers and picked up by Google news and discover.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Status
Not open for further replies.