Question How to fix?

Oct 12, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am trying to update my BIOS to see if it fixes an issue I am having with installing a compatible graphics card. Basically the motheboard does not like the graphics card and wont boot up (no initial beep) or access to the BIOS. Even if I have the card installed but not wired to my monitor.

So my last resort is to update the BIOS.

The help I need from you is locating the correct driver for the latest/best version. I am using Windows 7 and my motherboard is:

Foxconn H61MX LGA1155

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Graphics card? Make, model? How was "compatible graphics card" determined?

Overall, Windows 7 is obsolete and your graphics card may simply not work with Windows 7.

Manufacturer's are much less likely to provide the driver updates needed with/for obsolete OSs'.

They may do so for awhile but at some point - no more....

Oct 12, 2020
More information needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Graphics card? Make, model? How was "compatible graphics card" determined?

Overall, Windows 7 is obsolete and your graphics card may simply not work with Windows 7.

Manufacturer's are much less likely to provide the driver updates needed with/for obsolete OSs'.

They may do so for awhile but at some point - no more....

Thanks for your reply sir, Here's my system specs.

Mobo: Foxconn h61mx lga 1155
Procie: Intel Core i3 3220
RAM: 8gb
PSU: 600w

the graphics card I was trying to install to my system but it always freeze in the motherboard manufacturer logo is Zotac GTX 750Ti 2gb 128bit.

I can't find any bios update to my motherboard and I don't want to take a risk in other sites giving a bios update to the motherboard. And I already configure in the bios settings I changed it to PEG but still freezes in foxconn logo and can't go to bios.

I already try it in my Friends pc and it's working fine, anyway here's my friends system specs:

Mobo: Asrock 775
Procie: Intel Core 2 Duo
Ram: 3gb
PSU: 600w

Ralston18

Titan
I am not sure that the problem is BIOS related.

Have you tried a new CMOS battery?

Does the following link present your GPU?

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/gtx-750-ti-2gb-2

How old is your computer's 600 watt PSU? Make, model, condition?

The GTX750 recommends a 400 watt PSU and your current PSU may no longer be up to the task with respect to the overall system's power demands.

Windows 7 - 32 bit or 64 bit?

Will the computer boot into safe mode or otherwise boot and work without the GTX750?

Oct 12, 2020
I am not sure that the problem is BIOS related.

The GTX750 recommends a 400 watt PSU and your current PSU may no longer be up to the task with respect to the overall system's power demands.

Will the computer boot into safe mode or otherwise boot and work without the GTX750?

A: I bought the motherboard brand new, came from the box so I think the Cmos battery is good sir.

A:Yes sir, exactly as that.

A: sorry sir my bad, I checked it earlier and its Neutron 700w Power supply I bought it together with the casing.

A: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit sir.

A: As what I said earlier sir, when I install the graphics card to the motherboard it freeze on the foxconn logo and also cant access the bios, when I try to press "numlock" & "capslock" if the motherboard is working sadly its not functioning but when I try to remove the graphics card my system is working fine. I just regret with the 93$ I spent with that graphics card. :(

Oct 9, 2020
if u dont want to take any risk, buy a winbond with the same number with your winbond on motherboard
and buy usb eeprom
then download a bios from unofficial sites
plug winbond on usb eeprom, install it into the winbond

remove your gpu first if it freezes

both usb eeprom and winbond are cheap but find the same winbond number is hard

Reactions: BryanIvan
Oct 12, 2020
if u dont want to take any risk, buy a winbond with the same number with your winbond on motherboard
and buy usb eeprom
then download a bios from unofficial sites
plug winbond on usb eeprom, install it into the winbond

remove your gpu first if it freezes

both usb eeprom and winbond are cheap but find the same winbond number is hard

I have some knowledge of computer components but about that I have no idea into that sir.
And I dont think sir if its available here in Philippines sir. Thanks for your suggestion.

Ralston18

Titan
@Bryanlvan

Set aside eeprom, winbond, USB etc.... Likewise hold off on going to any repair services.

================

Motherboard User Manual:

Foxconn h61mx lga 1155

[Verify that I found the correct manual.]

Which motherboard PCI slot are you using for the GPU?

Reference physically numbered Page 13 of the motherboard's User Manual.

Are you able to get into BIOS via the DEL and/or F7 keys as shown on physically numbered Page 21 of the User Manual?

What you must do is to read the motherboard's User Manual and doublecheck all physical connections/installations and the applicable configuration settings.

Also read the GPU's documentation and verify that you are installing the GPU correctly along with the necessary BIOS, GPU drivers, and configuration settings.

Oct 12, 2020
@Bryanlvan

Set aside eeprom, winbond, USB etc.... Likewise hold off on going to any repair services.

================

Motherboard User Manual:

Foxconn h61mx lga 1155

Are you able to get into BIOS via the DEL and/or F7 keys as shown on physically numbered Page 21 of the User Manual?

What you must do is to read the motherboard's User Manual and doublecheck all physical connections/installations and the applicable configuration settings.

Also read the GPU's documentation and verify that you are installing the GPU correctly along with the necessary BIOS, GPU drivers, and configuration settings.

Foxconn h61mx lga 1155

A:Yes sir thats the manual of my motherboard

A: The PCIe x16 sir.

A: Yes sir I can access the bios without the graphics card, And when I install the graphics card in the motherboard it stucks or it freeze in the motherboard logo and even I press the DEL or F7 nothing happens.

A: yes sir, I think that all of the cables and connection is correctly placed when I build this setup.

A: okay sir noted.

Oct 12, 2020
@Bryanlvan

================

Motherboard User Manual:

Foxconn h61mx lga 1155

Sir, now my graphics card is working, I reinstall and wait a couple of minutes then the graphics card displayed. But there's some problem like every time I start my computer
I'll wait about a minute to boot in windows, there's a 4 beeps 20 seconds apart. I research about this and I found disabling the secure boot and enabling the legacy support but in my bios settings that's the default settings. the secure boot is disabled and the legacy support is enabled but still the beeps always happen when I open my pc.
LPFVCif.jpg