Question How to flash MoBo

Deikon_1

Reputable
Jul 9, 2017
Hello, I got a new motherboard today the Gigabyte H310M S2H it is rev 1.2. My CPU is Intel i7-9700K.
After setting it all up, the PC springs to life for a second then turns off immediately, from what I've read it seems like it may be simply down to a BIOS thing. PCPARTPICKER suggests that I require the F12 BIOS for my CPU to work. However, after looking I see no reasonable way to update the BIOS without the computer turned on. I have a spare computer (cpu is not compatible with current mobo) if it helps.

Ultimately I'm trying to ask for advice on the easiest way to go about updating my bios.

I also have no way to check the current BIOS ver but I assume it is lower than the one I require.

Lutfij

Titan
Why would you pair a K suffix processor like that to a crippled motherboard that's meant for office's? You might want to inspect the motherbaord for any sticker or barcode whereby the BIOS version might be imprinted.

Just for the sake of relevance, please parse the specs to your build, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Most issues stem from the wrong power supply or even damaged/broken CPU socket pins.

PCPARTPICKER suggests that I require the F12 BIOS for my CPU to work.
Wrong, you're going to need BIOS version F14 for that processor to work.

I have a spare computer (cpu is not compatible with current mobo) if it helps.
That's of no assistance here. You're going to need at least an 8th Gen 13 processor or something along those lines to get the system to POST then get to BIOS and then flash the BIOS to the latest version.

* You should've gone with a Z390 chipset motherboard.

Deikon_1

Reputable
Jul 9, 2017
CPU: Intel i7-9700K
Motherboard: H310M S2H
Ram: Crucial 2x8gb
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and adding S70 M.2
GPU: Nvidia ASUS Geforce 1060ti oc 6tb
PSU: Corsair TX550M

Basically I had a PC then my mobo broke so I had to get a new one that will do the job until payday. I know the PSU works along with the other components as I have them working with a different CPU on a different board ( MSI H270 PC Mate (out of my old PC with an i5-7600))