[SOLVED] How to force 4k 60Hz,when the processor only supports 4096x2304@24Hz HDMI ?

Sep 28, 2020
Hello guys i tried to overclock the resolution of the processor with CRU,but it doesnt work,i only have HDMI port on my laptop,and therefore i can't use this monitor at its max.

Specs:
Intel i5-8265U
Intel UHD Graphics 620
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce MX110

Solution
What you want to do, and what you can do, do not always coincide.

Generally speaking overclocking on a laptop is a bad idea, the tolerances of the build do not usually lend itself to overclocking.

Factor that in with what you want to do with the graphics and it does not seem that your expectations are realistic.

Best bet, just my 2 cents, you need a better laptop or desktop.
You should be working with the nvidia control panel and the MX110 graphics adapter.
Past that, I do not know what refresh rate is possible with your monitor and a hdmi cable.
I suspect you can do better. 60hs @4k will usually need displayport or hdmi 2.0

Sep 28, 2020
You should be working with the nvidia control panel and the MX110 graphics adapter.
Past that, I do not know what refresh rate is possible with your monitor and a hdmi cable.
I suspect you can do better. 60hs @4k will usually need displayport or hdmi 2.0
I do have HDMI 2.0 USB Cable,that's not an issue,i need to overclock the processor,but i can't find any way to do that.CRU ain't working for me.

Generally speaking overclocking on a laptop is a bad idea, the tolerances of the build do not usually lend itself to overclocking.

Factor that in with what you want to do with the graphics and it does not seem that your expectations are realistic.

Reactions: nnakovski
Solution
Sep 28, 2020

allright,i tried asking because i actually succeeded overclocking my laptop's display with CRU from 60Hz to 85Hz,and i thought there's hope for me to do that to the HDMI output as well.