[SOLVED] How to force delete folder in windows 7

mraroid

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Hi...

I have a infected folder in Windows 7 and I am unable to delete it.

The folder is in Program Files. It is called 360

From the command prompt, I typed this:

CD\

and I arrived here:

C:\>

Then I typed CD\program files and now I came to:

C:\Program Files>

If I type dir/w, I can see all the files under Program Files including the folder that I need to delete called 360

I type:

RD /S /Q 360

It says

360\360Safe\safemon\360udiskiguard.dll Access is denied.

I am the admin. A virus or trojan horse has infected this entire folder and I am trying to remove it.

I have failed in everything I have tried.

Can anyone help me please? I am not very good at dos prompts. I tried all I could find on the internet.
have spent 2 full days on this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I did not know if I should post here or in the virus forum. I have run Viperescue in safe mode and I have Malwarebytes installed and registered. No help.

Thanks

jack

Solution
Thank you for trying to help me. The computer I am trying to fix is in Chinese. I only speak english. The app installed in Chinese and I cannot figure out how it works.

Can I do this from the command line? That is in English. Or any other software that I can install in english?

Thanks

jack

Try booting off a Linux Live disk then browse to that folder and delete it.

mraroid

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Thank you for trying to help me. The computer I am trying to fix is in Chinese. I only speak english. The app installed in Chinese and I cannot figure out how it works.

Can I do this from the command line? That is in English. Or any other software that I can install in english?

Thanks

jack

Thanks

jack

Try booting off a Linux Live disk then browse to that folder and delete it.

Solution