[SOLVED] How to force external display through integrated graphics card?

Apr 7, 2020
Okay, so my laptop have been giving issues regarding it's integrated graphics driver. Like during start ups, usually it does not detect my build in laptop display. So it will always be black. However if I connect an external monitor, it shows up.

Then I I recently format my laptop to get a fresh start. Due to some reasons, it boots up really slow (about 10-20 mins), usually it takes like 15 seconds. During the format, the screen was black so I thought it was due to display adapter. Therefore I wanted to fix the display adapter before doing a fresh windows install.

I was doing it. It was a hit or miss. Sometimes built in monitor shows, sometimes not. I disabled the display adapter for integrated graphics a few times then my build in display will show up. I was using an external monitor to do this. Then my build in display only shows up when I disabled the dedicated graphics driver a few times and re enable it. I screwed up and disabled and lost my navigation. Now I can't see anything in my build in monitor or external monitor. Bios doesn't work as it takes like 20 minutes to boot and even if I go to bios, usually a black screen shows up. Any fix? Thank you in advance.

Model: MSI GP62 MVR 7RFX

Solution
you can try doing a physical hard reset on the BIOS. this will reset everything back to manufacturer defaults. hopefully this would solve your display output issues.
How can I do that?
you search online how to do a CMOS hard reset on your motherboard.
for your boot issues; possibly because you are missing needed hardware drivers for Windows to detect and load properly. make sure you have all of the latest system drivers for this product directly from MSI's product support page.
How can I do that?
you go to your MSI specific product support page and download.
you can try doing a physical hard reset on the BIOS. this will reset everything back to manufacturer defaults. hopefully this would solve your display output issues.

for your boot issues; possibly because you are missing needed hardware drivers for Windows to detect and load properly. make sure you have all of the latest system drivers for this product directly from MSI's product support page.

Apr 7, 2020

How can I do that?

How can I do that?
you search online how to do a CMOS hard reset on your motherboard.
How can I do that?
you go to your MSI specific product support page and download.

Solution