[SOLVED] How to force GPU to render more frames?

Thingy_1

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
I have a 1080 and while playing fortnite, there is almost no framerate difference between 1080p high everything (shadows off, epic view distance) or all low/off, epic view distance and 80% render scale

Is there any way to force my 1080 to hit 165fps constantly on all low 80% scale? I don't see why a 1080 wouldn't be able to

Ryzen 5 1600 (OC 3.8)
16GB DDR4 2733
1080 Founders 8GB

Solution
It should be able to. Something is wrong.

Make sure you have the most recent motherboard bios installed, first.

Then, do a CLEAN install of the Nvidia drivers using the DDU. You need to eliminate both these as potential problems before you can even try to guess at other possibilities.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

I'd also make sure you have the latest motherboard chipset, audio, network adapter and storage controller drivers. Check your motherboard product page and if you are unsure, simply download the latest of each of those drivers and install them. Better to be sure than to try and guess.

Also, if you are using Nvidia G-force experience, check your control panel and...
It should be able to. Something is wrong.

Make sure you have the most recent motherboard bios installed, first.

Then, do a CLEAN install of the Nvidia drivers using the DDU. You need to eliminate both these as potential problems before you can even try to guess at other possibilities.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

I'd also make sure you have the latest motherboard chipset, audio, network adapter and storage controller drivers. Check your motherboard product page and if you are unsure, simply download the latest of each of those drivers and install them. Better to be sure than to try and guess.

Also, if you are using Nvidia G-force experience, check your control panel and make sure the frame rate isn't locked to a lower setting somewhere. Unless you have a Gsync monitor and are actively trying to use Gsync, I'd turn it off. Might even turn it off anyhow if it's enabled just to eliminate that as a possible problem.

Solution

Thingy_1

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
I forgot to mention, it will hit 165fps a lot of the time (in side a house, in the middle of a flat area), but not in somewhere like retail or tilted where i'll get 70-90 if im outside

Thingy_1

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
Just dropped in titled, the worst case scenario of fortnite, as well as a large team mode, and my GPU is only going 50%, while getting around 80 frames looking all around

I would not do that for now. I would return the GPU card to it's default settings until you are able to sort the problem out. There should be no need to overclock the GPU in order to achieve what you are trying to do.

As I already said, update the motherboard bios to the latest version, do a clean install of the GPU card drivers and if doing both those things does not work, the fastest solution after that is likely going to be doing a clean install of Windows followed by a clean install of the GPU card drivers but you still need to make sure you have the LATEST motherboard bios installed. I cannot overstress the significance of that.

Also, what is the EXACT model number of your power supply? Not the "watts" or whether it is "80plus", the model number. It will be found among the specifications, either on a decal or printed directly on the unit, somewhere on one of it's sides.