Question How to force motherboard splash screen on every boot?

royrichard1290

Reputable
Jan 4, 2019
It looks like there's some new functionality these days that boots past the motherboard splash screen to save a few seconds or whatever. I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn it off. Can I get any help?

royrichard1290

Reputable
Jan 4, 2019
I checked for fast boot options in the BIOS and there was none. The reason I'm doing this is because my encryption stops the boot unless I enter a password at the splash screen, so idk. It's a pretty weird problem I guess. My solution was to have it hibernate instead of shutting it off completely if I'm just leaving for a little while, otherwise I have to leave it off for an hour or two so that it boots normally again.

Okay, lets star over. First, what are the specs for your PC. Next, you say you need the BIOS splash screen "because my encryption stops the boot unless I enter a password at the splash screen", then you say if you wait a couple of hours it will boot normally. What is normally? Is the need to enter a password at the splash screen not normal? You also talk about being inside Windows. How do you boot into windows, if you can't get to the splash screen to enter a password? Further, with most security passwords, the boot will simply stop and request a password. What type of encryption are you using and how does it work? I'm starting to think your trying to circumvent some password security..

Last edited:
Some comments:
Windows 10 does not shut down - it hibernates or sleeps, hit the power button = hibernation. You will need to delete the hiberfil file (search disabling hibernation) still wont see the bios screen everytime.
Fastboot off, and there are registry keys as well I've not got into yet.
To see the bios menu and disks you need to cycle power at the cord or Power supply switch.

TRENDING THREADS