Question How to format the disc drive?

Oct 6, 2020
Hello, I have one disk drive of 80gb on my pc, want to format it to start again fresh, can it be formated to factory like condition? If formated do I need to re install a windows?

Oct 6, 2020
That would be excelent, I want to delete all the partition, could it be re installing xp again? I would go with a better windows but since its a 1gb ram pc for now a xp is better, later I'm thinking in installing 2 more gb of ram for a windows upgrade and a graphics card

USAFRet

Titan
That would be excelent, I want to delete all the partition, could it be re installing xp again? I would go with a better windows but since its a 1gb ram pc for now a xp is better, later I'm thinking in installing 2 more gb of ram for a windows upgrade and a graphics card
Why are you putting money into an ancient system and operating system?

You could obtain a reasonably new refurb for $150, incl a current OS license, that would absolutely crush whatever that thing is.

Oct 6, 2020
Kinda low on budget right now is the thing 😧, but thinking in upgrading in the near future, however would have to stick with this for now, so formating the drive disk is possible then? I don't have the original install disk, can it be from a xp iso online for download?

USAFRet

Titan
Kinda low on budget right now is the thing 😧, but thinking in upgrading in the near future, however would have to stick with this for now, so formating the drive disk is possible then? I don't have the original install disk, can it be from a xp iso online for download?
Any XP ISO you find online is likely riddled with malware.

Linux would work much better.
What do you plan to use this thing for?

TRENDING THREADS