[SOLVED] How to format your android phone?

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
Long story story short I got a virus that is engraved in my os (android 6.0) and I have no idea how to delete this os and install it again. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks in advance

For my phone, you go to settings --> General --> Restart and reset --> factory data reset

It should be indeed a similar setting for your phone, maybe under a different category.

Remember, you will want to back up everything on this device you wish to retain.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
For my phone, you go to settings --> General --> Restart and reset --> factory data reset

It should be indeed a similar setting for your phone, maybe under a different category.

Remember, you will want to back up everything on this device you wish to retain.
Thanks, but i dont want to just do a factory reset since i have tried that and the issue remains.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
In most cases, reset works.

If still not able to successfully format your phone, then switch it off and then press the power + volume down key simultaneously for a few sec and head to recovery mode.

From there you would be able to wipe your phone without any issue.

Good luck.

Note: All your data will be lost forever, so think twice before you do that.

Chances are it might not be even a virus, possibly some false notification from some cleaning app.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
In most cases, reset works.

If still not able to successfully format your phone, then switch it off and then press the power + volume down key simultaneously for a few sec and head to recovery mode.

From there you would be able to wipe your phone without any issue.

Good luck.

Note: All your data will be lost forever, so think twice before you do that.

Chances are it might not be even a virus, possibly some false notification from some cleaning app.
I have tried that too it didnt work, it is a virus engraved on your os, it isnt false notifications, it pretty much controls my phone if I dont delete everything on the drive and reinstall the os it wont leave. There probably wont be videos about my phone online.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
You need to provide the long story for us to be able to help you better. As well, you should provide the make/model of your phone.
Well one day almost a year ago my phone started opening chrome tabs with ads on it own. I deactivated chrome and it activate itself. Factory reset from the setting or from hard reset options did barely something as the ads were poping up a month after the reset. Fast forward some months ago ads started popping up without the use of a browser but with the help of an app that downloaded itself. This app comes with a variety of names but the most common for me is xhelper. Uninstalling it does nothing. Now apps are downloaded all the time and none of them belongs on playstore. The playstore protection sends me a pop up message that an app is malware and that i should not download it without me doing something. Needless to say the app downloads itself anyway. Antivirus wont even detect the issue. My phone is an mls (the name of the company) iql50 the 2gb ram 16 gb rom version. It runs on android 6.0.

JackFrostSekhose

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Your best bet would be to root your phone and then go to Xda forums and download the original rom and install, that or install a custom rom
For me personally I don't think a virus can be engraved in your OS unless the OS itself has been hacked... Which can happen
Which means you are better off not using the companys OS
But I doubt you will find support for your phone in XDA
lemme know if you do

JackFrostSekhose

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
xhelper is a known malware at this time... As you experimented it survives a factory reset... Have you tried running malware bytes?
Malware bytes for Android?
Well one day almost a year ago my phone started opening chrome tabs with ads on it own. I deactivated chrome and it activate itself. Factory reset from the setting or from hard reset options did barely something as the ads were poping up a month after the reset. Fast forward some months ago ads started popping up without the use of a browser but with the help of an app that downloaded itself. This app comes with a variety of names but the most common for me is xhelper. Uninstalling it does nothing. Now apps are downloaded all the time and none of them belongs on playstore. The playstore protection sends me a pop up message that an app is malware and that i should not download it without me doing something. Needless to say the app downloads itself anyway. Antivirus wont even detect the issue. My phone is an mls (the name of the company) iql50 the 2gb ram 16 gb rom version. It runs on android 6.0.

Try Googling for xhelper and look at ways on how to remove it
Xhelper is an android helper virus that installs itself even if uninstalled displays ads etc