[SOLVED] How to free up SSD space after clone?

Sep 15, 2021
I recently got a Samsung 970 evo plus 500 gb and successfully transfered my OS and data using the Samsung Data Migration software from my HDD, which I now plan on using as storage for things such as downloads, images, music, videos, etc.
I have already moved all those back to my HDD after formatting it, but my SSD is still quite full, and I still plan on installing games on it. Currently it has little to no games as I uninstalled a lot of software and games before cloning. 173 GB free out of 292 GB used space, to be exact.
From what I can tell the things that are taking up the most space are system files and all these hidden program files which I'm unsure about moving. Any tips on how I should do this? Are there any easy to use tools for clearing up SSD space without messing anything up?

Solution
Light blue at the bootom, yes....seemingly .sys. Probably hobernation and pagefile.
Again, single clck on on and you can more readily see what it is.

.pak?
Who knows....possibly the Download one was then transferred/copied to the actual game location, and the DL one will go away eventually.
Or might be downloading a patch in progress.
I recently got a Samsung 970 evo plus 500 gb and successfully transfered my OS and data using the Samsung Data Migration software from my HDD, which I now plan on using as storage for things such as downloads, images, music, videos, etc.
I have already moved all those back to my HDD after formatting it, but my SSD is still quite full, and I still plan on installing games on it. Currently it has little to no games as I uninstalled a lot of software and games before cloning. 173 GB free out of 292 GB used space, to be exact.
From what I can tell the things that are taking up the most space are system files and all these hidden program files which I'm unsure about moving. Any tips on how I should do this? Are there any easy to use tools for clearing up SSD space without messing anything up?
Are you talking about old drive you cloned from or new cloned one ?

Sep 15, 2021
Are you talking about old drive you cloned from or new cloned one ?
I cloned everything from my old HDD to my new SSD, I want to use my SSD for booting windows and games, and my HDD for storing pictures, documents and stuff. After I cloned my HDD to SSD it's over half full, and I want to clear up some space but I can't see any apparent apps that are taking up so much space, so I don't know what to move. I already moved pictures, documents, downloads, music and videos.

Sep 15, 2021
Install and run either WinDirStat, or WizTree.

Run as Administrator, selecting only the drive in question.
Post a screencap here.

Also, a screencap of your Disk Management window.
Here's my disk management and windir results, hope it helps
poWpycf1p
pnbwKuXpp

Sep 15, 2021
.sys..the light blue at the bottom.
hiberfil.sys and pagefile - 13.5GB

.pak
.UCAS
.UBULK
Game files, near 100GB

30GB in .TGA/PNG/WAV

Just that right there is over 1/2 your current consumed space.
huh? PNG is 12 gbs?? that's very weird, I transferred all my images to my HDD... I'll look into it

Sep 15, 2021
They could be part of game files.

Select one of the PNG blocks (single click), and at the bottom left it will tell you where that file resides.
the light blue at the bottom are system files, correct? also thank you for the help, i can more easily identify what's taking up my space, just one question.. one of my steam games is showing under the .pak files but there are two versions in two steam directories, one is in steamapps-common-(game folder) , and the other is in steamapps-common-downloading. what's the difference between those two? why do i have two copies of the same game both taking up the same amount of space in two steam directories?

USAFRet

Titan
Light blue at the bootom, yes....seemingly .sys. Probably hobernation and pagefile.

.pak?
Who knows....possibly the Download one was then transferred/copied to the actual game location, and the DL one will go away eventually.

Solution
Sep 15, 2021

.pak?
Oh, yes, I believe a patch is downloading. Thanks a lot for the help!