How to generate "CA Trusted Root Certificate"?

I have installed some Oracle software that needs a "CA Trusted Root Certificate" in order to configure it for SSL. My shop uses the Microsoft Certificate Server on a Windows 2000 server to generate certificates for our applications. I can get Microsoft Certificate Server to generate a User Certificate but cannot figure out how to get it to generate a root certificate. Neither my network support guy nor Oracle technical support can offer much advice on this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Paul

The root CA certificate can be requested via Web Enrollment if enabled
[http://CAserver/certsrv] or ask the administrator of the CA to send you a copy of
the CA certificate via a .cer file. The certificate is the public key that is
installed on a computer so that it will trust certificates issued by a CA. You go the
certificate store of the CA via the mmc snapin certificates for computers. Find the
trusted root certificate folder, then the certificate for your CA, right click and
select all tasks and then export. Select a name and place to export it to and you
have your CA certificate. Move it to your computer and import it into your
certificate store the same way [except use import obviously] or just click the file
and it should install into the proper folder automatically which you want to
erify. -- Steve

"Paul Huelskamp" <Paul Huelskamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed some Oracle software that needs a "CA Trusted Root Certificate" in
order to configure it for SSL. My shop uses the Microsoft Certificate Server on a
Windows 2000 server to generate certificates for our applications. I can get
Microsoft Certificate Server to generate a User Certificate but cannot figure out how
to get it to generate a root certificate. Neither my network support guy nor Oracle
technical support can offer much advice on this.

> Can anyone help?
>

> Thanks,
> Paul

TRENDING THREADS