How to get 144Hz on a compatible monitor.

Mar 1, 2018
Okay so I’m building a PC and I wanna buy a new monitor that is 144Hz. The PC I’m building has an HDMI cable output but as I was told, HDMI only supports 60Hz. Is there a way to get an adaptor from HDMI➡️DisplayPort so I can run 144Hz? (Plug an HDMI cable into my PC, then plug that into an adaptor that plugs into my monitors DisplayPort to give me 144Hz?) will that work?

LightSpeedYT

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Don't listen to these people. Yes an older generation HDMI cable will only support 60Hz. However, the newest generation HDMI cable (I think HDMI 2.1) will support 144hz at 1080p, or 4k at 60hz

Support depends on the HDMI ports on the monitor and source, not on the cable. Most monitors are limited to 60 Hz over HDMI. This will not change no matter what cable you use.

If your monitor only supports 60 Hz over HDMI, then you need to use the DisplayPort input on the monitor. If your computer doesn't have DisplayPort output, then the only way to get it is to use an HDMI to DisplayPort converter. The one I posted will support up to 120 Hz at 1080p, and that is the highest currently available.

TRENDING THREADS