[SOLVED] How to get 144hz with a 2060

Nov 29, 2019
Hello. i am trying to figure out how to run 144 hz with my setup. i have the ASUS VG248QE and a msi 2060. there is no dvi port in my graphics card along with the monitor not supporting hdmi 1.3+. so how do i goabout getting 144hz?

Solution
Hello. i am trying to figure out how to run 144 hz with my setup. i have the ASUS VG248QE and a msi 2060. there is no dvi port in my graphics card along with the monitor not supporting hdmi 1.3+. so how do i goabout getting 144hz?

Hi @kaleb4prez

Your 2060 has a DP (Display Port) port at the back of it. Use a DP cable to plug your 2060 to your monitor. (I checked your monitor online to verify and it has a DP at the back) Then go into your nVidia Contol Panel and set your screen resolution and hz. (60, 120, 144 etc.) Your monitor or your 2060 may have already came with a DP cable. (Double check the packaging) You can also buy one from your local electronics store.

For example: This

Let us know how it goes! :)

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Hi @kaleb4prez

Your 2060 has a DP (Display Port) port at the back of it. Use a DP cable to plug your 2060 to your monitor. (I checked your monitor online to verify and it has a DP at the back) Then go into your nVidia Contol Panel and set your screen resolution and hz. (60, 120, 144 etc.) Your monitor or your 2060 may have already came with a DP cable. (Double check the packaging) You can also buy one from your local electronics store.

For example: This

Let us know how it goes! :)

Last edited:
Solution