[SOLVED] How to get 75FPS using Radeon R9 290X ?

Dec 29, 2021
Hey guys. Most people and bussinesses assume anything over 60Hz is useless when trying to use an R9 290x, but that's wrong. League of Legends is a good/good looking game that Im 100% sure the card can handle on 4K. The cable type/port supports 75Hz, but the card is limiting me to 60Hz. I see this cap in game and on my adapter settings in Windows. How do I get 75FPS? Thanks

Solution
Attach a monitor that can do 75hz usually does the trick if everything else is capable.
BTW HDMI 2.0 can only do 60hz @4k and DVI cant do it at all so make sure your using at least DP1.2
Dec 29, 2021
The display settings had a max of 60Hz, and in game it would not go above 60 FPS when "uncapped." The monitor I do believe is the Acer Nitro XV273K but it was a present so it could be the other FreeSync variant but I dont think that even matters; pretty sure I need some kind of software settings changed. It's on DisplayPort 1.2 with a modern DP cable that came with the monitor, which is why I think there's a way to get 75Hz, seeing how DP 1.2 supports it