How to get a Hibernate option to appear ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had to re-install Win98Sse from scratch on my Toshiba Portege 3020ct. It
came up fine as a stock Win98se machine. I then loaded the special Toshiba
files to cover the display, sound, power, and I ran the halloc.exe to build
the special hibernation disk file toshiber.dat.

Now the Power Control Panel shows Hibernation support enabled but there
is no way to get the machine to hibernate since it is not an option on the
Start Menu and not an option on the Shutdown Panel. How do you get these
options to be added in these places ?

Thanks.

"Daniel Tso" <dantso@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I had to re-install Win98Sse from scratch on my Toshiba Portege 3020ct. It
> came up fine as a stock Win98se machine. I then loaded the special Toshiba
> files to cover the display, sound, power, and I ran the halloc.exe to
build
> the special hibernation disk file toshiber.dat.
>
> Now the Power Control Panel shows Hibernation support enabled but there
> is no way to get the machine to hibernate since it is not an option on the
> Start Menu and not an option on the Shutdown Panel. How do you get these
> options to be added in these places ?

Right click on the desktop; select Properties. Select the Screensaver tab,
and then the 'Advanced' button. The ability to enable the hibernate option
should be a check box on that screen.

The reason that is is selectable is that not all BIOSs support it.

HTH

Ian.