[SOLVED] How to Get a Windows 11 ISO File and Do a Clean Install

Jul 29, 2021
I cannot download the ISo as the uup_download_wicodow.cmd will open DOS Press any key to continue.. and end there after clicking the download.cmd

Solution
I cannot download the ISo as the uup_download_wicodow.cmd will open DOS Press any key to continue.. and end there after clicking the download.cmd
have you got admin rights?

I haven't run it myself but it seems when it opens cmd up it should be asking for permission to run

A command prompt window will open and it’ll probably ask admin permission to run the scripts to download and generate a Windows 11 Preview ISO. Make sure you give it the permission to do so.
so maybe you missed UAC appearing

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you got admin rights?

I haven't run it myself but it seems when it opens cmd up it should be asking for permission to run

A command prompt window will open and it’ll probably ask admin permission to run the scripts to download and generate a Windows 11 Preview ISO. Make sure you give it the permission to do so.
so maybe you missed UAC appearing

Solution
Jul 25, 2021
Click on x64 link beside Latest Dev Channel build
MN1c82u.png

Click the big blue link
2saOCey.png

Next
qjfKbQe.png

Next
Fv0eapF.png

Create package
6mNB4Ss.png

Now it's downloading
60Xizef.png

Make sure you put it in it's own top-level directory. I believe this is where people have the most problems. I've heard tell that UUP doesn't like long file names.
4Qg31S0.png

Extract to said top-level directory
V5wM3U7.png

Run as admin
XpY1l8L.png

BOOM you're a black hat hacker. This goes on for a few hours. The screen will turn blue when the download's done and start converting the download to an ISO. Don't try stopping it.
L4aFmAw.png

What's this? An ISO?!
1wxHEkH.png

Lets see what goodies await us
sF2LuUE.png

Jul 25, 2021
Sorry I'm not certain what you mean. Did you get it to work?

If I remember correctly, I also had a WIM file. A large 4+GB install.wim file if I'm not mistaken? But UUP had not completed converting yet. You have to let it run it's course. It looks like it's done at some points but it's not. It takes a few hours.

The warning asks if you want to run the program with elevated privileges? That SHOULD do the same thing as running the program as administrator.

Last edited: