Question How to get BT 4.0 LE on Windows 7 ?

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
I purchased a Logitech MX Keys Mini keyboard to replace a larger MX Keys that has a screw rolling around inside and a backlight that turns on and off by itself constantly. I turned on the keyboard in pairing mode, but it wasn't showing up in BT add devices. Came to discover Logitech has this set to BT 4.0 LE and Windows 7 BT stack doesn't support BT 4.0 or LE. I then tried to buy a Logi Bolt dongle for USB support, as they chose to not make this new keyboard Unifying compatible. The Bolt receiver isn't shipping yet, and the support page for it lists it as an LE device and compatible only with Windows 10 and above. So basically I own a pretty brick keyboard. The description on Amazon just says Windows compatible and doesn't denote the device is completely incompatible with Windows 7.

Can anyone recommend a working (and simple) solution to adding BT 4.0 LE to the Windows 7 stack? I don't mind buying a specific BT 4.0 USB dongle that would assure stack modification or driver success if that is needed. Not interested in beginning a multi day experiemental trial and error nightmare. I bought this on Amazon so I will just return for a refund if a simple solution doesn't present itself.

Paul

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Still get the no bluetooth devices found when using the installer. If I use the have disk manual method, the install folder contains a hundred different entries just for the 2070. Any idea how to know what to choose?

Paul

Oct 17, 2021
windows 7 has no security updates annymore. why still running windows 7, drivers for windows 10 now a days work just fine. and makes the search for drivers in your case pretty eassy i think.

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
It's my Windows Media Center HTPC that has 10 OTA and Cable TV tuners...I don't use a cable box. I use my Logi keyboards and Trackball with my two other computers, as it's pretty convinient to not have peripherals everywhere when I only use one at a time.

Paul