[SOLVED] How to get gaming WiFi on my PC?

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hello everyone, I need WiFi on my pc for gaming. I’m used to about 20-40 ping on my Xbox when gaming through WiFi. What are some ways to get WiFi on my pc? USB adapter? WiFi card? Which should I choose? I’d like to spend no more than $30 and I’m on 802.11ac.
Thanks!

Solution
WIFI Reciever I use same one myself, on a 5g network I can get my max speeds of over 150Mbs down and upload speeds windows 10 will install drivers on its own..but you can download them if you wish from the manufactures site.. ive never done so as its never been needed and Ive owned mine 5 years not a single issue..

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
WIFI Reciever I use same one myself, on a 5g network I can get my max speeds of over 150Mbs down and upload speeds windows 10 will install drivers on its own..but you can download them if you wish from the manufactures site.. ive never done so as its never been needed and Ive owned mine 5 years not a single issue..

Solution

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
if your bandwidth can handle BOTH at same time then yes... Ive streamed live games no issue.. but I also am on a 200+Mb connection and the main wifi router is on fiber optic line,, so I have the bandwidth to allow the streaming and gaming .. if you mean individually.. absolutely I stream all in HD no issue from all my streaming sites.. and play all my online games no issues at all no lag etc.. but that all falls really towards your wifi connection itself not so much the antenna.. this is a USB 3.0 so fast and can link to 5g networks so as long as your router has 5g band available

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
if your bandwidth can handle BOTH at same time then yes... Ive streamed live games no issue.. but I also am on a 200+Mb connection and the main wifi router is on fiber optic line,, so I have the bandwidth to allow the streaming and gaming .. if you mean individually.. absolutely I stream all in HD no issue from all my streaming sites.. and play all my online games no issues at all no lag etc.. but that all falls really towards your wifi connection itself not so much the antenna.. this is a USB 3.0 so fast and can link to 5g networks so as long as your router has 5g band available
Okay, I'm fine with streaming at 720p 30fps

Would this work:
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-USB...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
cant see why not.. however again will depend on your signal.. I chose the one I got a lot to do with the extention as my antenna has to receive a signal from across some distance. but if it is within your own house.. I cant see why it wouldn't work

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
alos from what I can tell there the same speed.. I see the one you choose says 1200mbs but if you look in the picture detail it shows only at 867mbs... so if you dont need the extention dock.. then there pretty much the same.. myself Ilike the dock as I can move my antenna to the prime spots

Reactions: Insane Potatoz