[SOLVED] How to get higher idle RAM clock?

Jan 21, 2019
Hey, my xfx rx 580 seems to not see that I play flash player games and keeps gpu and ram clock at idle state which is 300MHz each for RAM and GPU.
I know it's power management to make clocks low when not needed but my radeon software doesn't have any option to turn off that power efficiency thing.

I can open a youtube video in background to make my clocks higher but they're still not high enough to make my game perfectly fluent.

RAM clock is most important to me. Is there any option to make it stay high even while being idle?
Please help me

Solution
"Doesn't seem to" sounds like you've not monitored it to know for sure. All you need do is run MSI Afterburner. The idle clock speed should be quite higher on High Performance mode.

Also, if these flash games are browser games, try checking to see if your browser needs updating, and make sure you clear browser history, which can also speed it up.
You didn't say what OS you're on, but in W10 just type Power into the search bar and select "Power & sleep settings", then "Additional power settings". Click on "Show additional plans", then select "High performance".

The problem with this though is it will make your hardware run at max speed all the time. I like having an Nvidia GPU because you can use Nvidia Inspector to set Power management for any game to Prefer maximum performance. That means your hardware will run at max clocks when you launch that game, but revert to idle speed when you exit it. This makes your hardware run cooler when you're just surfing the net and such, and causes less heat and wear and tear.

RadeonPro is the only such tool for AMD GPUs, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to change power mode automatically. At best you can set CPU Affinity and disable Windows Aero.

Jan 21, 2019
I have windows 10 and already had selected high performance, but it doesn't seem to change anything.
One thing that I was wrong it's not about RAM clock but about GPU memory clock.
I read lots of web and I'm worried there is no hope for me, so we can close this topic.

"Doesn't seem to" sounds like you've not monitored it to know for sure. All you need do is run MSI Afterburner. The idle clock speed should be quite higher on High Performance mode.

Also, if these flash games are browser games, try checking to see if your browser needs updating, and make sure you clear browser history, which can also speed it up.

Solution