Question How To Get Into Bios or Safe Mode From Verifying DMI Pool Data Message

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
Yes, my screen is stuck (in black) with the above message and no way to get it to relent. I've read here and googled, and saw Bios and Safe mentioned, but am I actually supposed to be able to do this from this screen? Last time it happened, I took it to my shop and he replaced the motherboard and power supply and fixed it. That was only a month ago, however.

Specs as follows

CPU
AMD FX-8300 19 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 (Socket M2) 37 °C
Graphics
E321VL (1600x900@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (MSI) 36 °C
Storage
1863GB MB2000EBUCF ATA Device (SATA ) 42 °C
111GB TOSHIBA MKNSSDEC120GB ATA Device (SATA (SSD)) 38 °C
1862GB Western Digital WD Elements 2621 USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD)) 38 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS324 F ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

Thanks, Friends

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
Shut off pc and pull the CMOS battery for a minute then put it back in and boot up
Thank you! I could not find where the battery goes, but found a wire whose shield has CMOS written on it. Is it enough to pull the wire for 5 minutes? I have the side of the rig open to all its innards, which is where I found the wire. Could the CMOS receptacle be on the other side? Due to my arthritis, I have trouble with the knobs holding the panels on so I just took off the innards side first. Sorry for my ignorance - I'm 73 and don't know a lot about computers. I don't even suspect anything! (joke!)

Thanks again!

Yes, my screen is stuck (in black) with the above message and no way to get it to relent. I've read here and googled, and saw Bios and Safe mentioned, but am I actually supposed to be able to do this from this screen?
No if you reach this screen it's too late.
You have to press the del key, or F2 or whatever your mobo tells you to press to get into bios, before that.
As soon as you get any picture you should start pressing the correct key and it will get you into bios.

To get into safe mode your mobo would have to get farther than that point since safe mode is a feature of windows and your mobo doesn't get to the point where windows starts loading.

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
Oh, well. Off to the shop she goes, then. Again. Thanks for the assistance. I thought the battery thing would save me the trouble, but I understand your point.

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
Oh, well. Off to the shop she goes, then. Again. Thanks for the assistance. I thought the battery thing would save me the trouble, but I understand your point.

What I don't get, is what causes this? Is it the HD> The MOBO? I'll just find my PC in this condition and no way to get out of it.

What I don't get, is what causes this? Is it the HD> The MOBO? I'll just find my PC in this condition and no way to get out of it.
You have a super old system, if the shop actually did replace the mobo they did so using and old stock mobo so one that also is super old.
Super old mobos have a tendency to lose settings or just have parts of them fail until they break down completely.

If this is your mobo then the battery is pretty obvious, between the two long slots and next to the short slot that is in-between them.
13-145-049-V01.jpg

Wolkie 72

Prominent
Aug 7, 2022
Thanks, Terry, and everyone. I think I need to change shops. This should have been covered under their 90 day warranty because they only did some minor adjustments and charged me $45.00. No parts - just the adjustment. I told them it should be covered under the warranty, b ut had to go ahead and pay - hoping the owner will refund me that cost. Thanks again.

Thanks, Terry, and everyone. I think I need to change shops. This should have been covered under their 90 day warranty because they only did some minor adjustments and charged me $45.00. No parts - just the adjustment. I told them it should be covered under the warranty, b ut had to go ahead and pay - hoping the owner will refund me that cost. Thanks again.
If the issue was settings then that is not a warranty issue, there is nothing wrong with the hardware, if they gave you a mobo with an empty battery then yes, that should have been under warranty, unless otherwise stated then you would have to look up if it's kosher under law.