How to get into boot menu in ASUS f55c sx017h

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDahChubChubXx

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
I am re-installing Windows 8.1 on my nans laptops and i have no idea how to get into the boot menu i have pressed all the useral keys and tryed asking google for answers but nothing the only boot menu tells me to boot into windows or the BIOS and in the BIOS itself there are no options for changing boot order i have tried to disable security features you name it and no luck! So can any one help me on this?

parik

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
On systems with Windows 8 pre-installed, you can access the UEFI (BIOS) setup screens from the Windows 8 boot menu:

Press the Windows key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms.
Click Settings.
Click Change PC Settings.
In PC Settings, select General.
Under Advanced startup, click Restart now. The system will restart and show the Windows 8 boot menu.
In the boot menu, select Troubleshoot.
In the Troubleshoot menu, select Advanced options.
In the Advanced options menu, select UEFI Firmware Settings.
Click Restart to restart the system and enter UEFI (BIOS).

xXDahChubChubXx

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

Ok everything worked fine and instructions were clear and i can get into the bios fine that's not the problem and in the bios i cant change the boot order at all the only way is to enter commands which i don't what they are

xXDahChubChubXx

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

I think i got it to work because i changed a BIOS setting that set it to boot like a older laptop so when it boots it shows the ASUS logo and then the normal windows 8 boot animation unlike before and then i could change boot order in the BIOS but thanks for your help! :)

humph

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015

Linkavalon

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
you need to keep an eye on the boot options while you are changing the bios setings according to the posts above when you do it right the option will change from only windows boot device to a list of options change the priority save and reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.