[SOLVED] How to get mic to pick up desktop audio

LDavis213

Reputable
Nov 15, 2018
I know this sounds odd, but I'm trying to record my desktop's audio from my microphone as I'm working on the Bethesda Creation Kit and I cannot import audio files, I can only record with a microphone.

Upon googling this, I have found many people have had an issue regarding my question, where their mic is getting pc audio.

Thanks.

Solution
I know this sounds odd, but I'm trying to record my desktop's audio from my microphone as I'm working on the Bethesda Creation Kit and I cannot import audio files, I can only record with a microphone.

Upon googling this, I have found many people have had an issue regarding my question, where their mic is getting pc audio.
Thanks.
Windows was never really intended and designed for audio (or video) recording. So the designers decided that they would allow you to pick one and only one audio source for recording. The second you plug in a mic windows shifts into recording that device alone. So mixing other internal audio with the mic activated wasn't considered in the design. You might need an external recording device (even your...

Thanks.
Windows was never really intended and designed for audio (or video) recording. So the designers decided that they would allow you to pick one and only one audio source for recording. The second you plug in a mic windows shifts into recording that device alone. So mixing other internal audio with the mic activated wasn't considered in the design. You might need an external recording device (even your phone would do) to record the mic output and then you could merge it with the recording of the desktop audio using standard commercial audio video editing software. Or you might be able to record from your computer's line output which might still transmit the desktop sound while the mic is activated, using the windows volume mixer to set appropriate levels. Or perhaps some screen capture program like the software used to capture video game play might capture both mic and desktop sounds.

Solution