How to get microsoft word for free?

LOLMAN02

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
Just wondering first time on microsoft OS
and realized that apparently i have to buy word 2015 in order to use it after the trial is over?
its 99$ a year which is really expensive, and I do not see anything 'new' or 'amazing' compared to its previous "Word" years
jsut wondering, can someone point me to a site where i can download word for free,
Im a student and i honestly cannot dish out 100$ for a stupid program that is suppose to be free...
(knowledge/education isnt free my ass)

Solution
Two (legal) options after you're done complaining about having to buy software.

1. Buy a student copy of Office. As a student you can get vastly reduced pricing on software buys. If you don't have a student store on campus check out sites like Microsofts student store, JourneyEd or collegebuys. They're usually require proof of being a student in the form of a picture of ID or current class schedule.

2. Go for a free option like OpenOffice.

uber9000

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
No, you can't. Technically you can, but that is piracy and illegal. If something has a price, and you obtain said thing without paying for it, it's theft. Offline and online. I would suggest looking for alternatives that are free.

http://www.investintech.com/articles/tenwordalternatives/

You can still buy the versions which dont need a annual licence. Students should get huge discounts on Microsoft software, in the UK I often see the Office package at about 20% cost for students. Which country are you in?

There is no free version, any free version is pirated so dont go there.

Two (legal) options after you're done complaining about having to buy software.

1. Buy a student copy of Office. As a student you can get vastly reduced pricing on software buys. If you don't have a student store on campus check out sites like Microsofts student store, JourneyEd or collegebuys. They're usually require proof of being a student in the form of a picture of ID or current class schedule.

2. Go for a free option like OpenOffice.

Solution
The only version that has a yearly fee is office 365. Everything else is a one time buy and you can keep it on the computer for as long as you want.

Have you tried to use open office? Its free and pretty close to being the same as Microsoft office.