Question How to get Mobile Hotspot to work?

Apr 4, 2022
CORSAIR RMX Series, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700k Desktop Processor 8

Motherboard: Z690 A
Case: Corsair Crystal 680x

CPU Cooler: H100i Elite Capilex

RAM: 32 GB 3600 mhz

GPU:
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12G Graphics Card, 3X WINDFORCE Fans, 12GB 384-bit GDDR6X, GV-N3080GAMING OC-12GD Video Card

Everytime I try to connect my phone to a mobile hotspot (internet is <Mod Edit>, using starlink) I get an error saying "We can't set up mobile hotspot"

How do I fix this? Am I missing some sort of software? I am on windows 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 4, 2022
I want to use my phone to connect to my computer but it says my hotspot cant be used. My motherboard does have some sort of wifi support but i am using a wifi stick to connect to the starlink internet. The problem is the internet sucks, so I would prefer to use my phones internet connection

Apr 4, 2022
I want to use my phone 5g cell internet to act as my computers internet. I want nothing to do with Starlink.

The problem is my computer says mobile hotspot cant be set up

Apr 4, 2022
You set mobile hotspot on your phone.

On pc you need wifi adapter. Then you can connect pc to mobile hotspot from phone.
No wifi adapter - no connecting to mobile wifi from your pc.

makes sense, so my current Wifi adapter is the NetGear Nighthawk. It must not support mobile hotspot

Your PC will now know hwhether WiFi comes from your phone acting as a HotSpot, or from nearby WiFi router / access ppoint. Set up the hotspot on your phone (SSID, Security, password), then just loon on the desktop for that WiFi network.

ASK THE COMMUNITY