Question How to get my BIOS and windows to recognize crucial 1TB m.2 ssd

May 20, 2020
I have a new crucial 1TB M.2 drive. I installed it into my ASUS Z370a prime motherboard with no issues. And it appeared fine in windows. I then formatted it and started installing some programs and games on it. It continued to work fine for a couple days, but then I noticed that if my computer went to sleep mode, upon waking widows could not see the drive and a restart through windows wouldn't fix it. I had to do a full shut down. Then it would appear.

After another day or so of this inconvenience, it's started not appearing even after a shut down. It was sporadic and only appeared like 60% of shut downs... Now 2 weeks later, it almost never appears it's will occasionally grace me with it's appearance.

What I've tried so far... I noticed it's not just a windows issue as the drive does not appear in my BIOS either except the few occasions I can't seem to replicate when it does. I have updated to the most recent BIOS for my hard drive which is July 2019 update version. I also checked for and found my new drive has the most up to date firmware. I have checked all my settings in BIOS to ensure there isn't anything blocking the m.2 drive. I am no expert, but I didn't see anything in there. I have tried changing to drive from GPT to MBR and back. That doesn't affect anything.

Do I just have a dud drive or is there something I am missing?

May 26, 2020
I have a Crucial P1 500 GB M.2 NVMe SSD and mine does the same thing... i have a ASUS ROG Strix B450-F mother board, and i had the same exact problem. BIOS won’t recognize SSD but i was able to install windows on a lucky boot when it did recognize it and sometimes it went into windows, but now after a few days after every shutdown it can’t boot into windows at all and says there are no available bootable devices even with my HDD unplugged and no USB plugged in (SSD is in first M.2 slot on my motherboard).

May 4, 2020
Im very sorry to hear that, I gave my a computer a test and the m.2 scored double than my Kingston 240GB SSD (x2)
SSD score was 100 or so, m.2 was over 200

I basically spent a month using 2 Kingston 240GB SSDs stressing over having to spend 50 bucks to be let down, and I basically said "F*** this, im taking it out and putting it back in" (and that's what I did, then I put it through diskpart and cleaned all, to make sure nothing was on it.