How to Get NFL Sunday Ticket Without DirecTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsosings

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Been a full Directv customer for 11 years running. And for the Sunday Ticket, I've gotten a better deal for the last 6 years. I used this justification:

They were offering a FREE Sunday Ticket for new customer sign-ups. I suggested they were rewarding brand-new customers, but slighting 'loyal' customers by not offering the same bonus. The "customer loyalty" dept. agreed. This rationale has worked for the last 6 years.

Directv wants to keep your business. There are bonuses & reductions - stay loyal, my friends!

ashleecannan

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
$1,600 a year isn't worth a free Sunday Ticket package. I'll gladly pay for it and keep an extra $1,200 in my pocket every year.

gsosings

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015

Of course.. YOU always have the option to pay whatever YOU want for whatever joy YOU get from life -
I retain the privilege to choose to spend MY entertainment dollars on what I enjoy!

(stay thirsty my friend..)

shivachandra55

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
If I subscribed to NFL max with game pass, when can I watch preseason and red zone too, I mean game pass and redzone is it on only Sunday or can I watch everyday

bandoogiemanz

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
GSOSINGS, did you call the regular rep or ask to be transferred to retentions dept? Also, do you think I can still do this, even though the season has started. My family has been customers for over a decade and paid full price for sunday ticket every year.

jameslonging76

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
The thing is, you can't get the streaming ticket if you have direct TV in your area. You have to live in an area where you CAN'T get DTV. So basically they are forcing you to use their TV service. So instead of making a little money, they are going to make ZERO money from. And now i'm cancelling my ATT internet and going to Spectrum. Will the NFL ever break away from ATT dangit??????

pattievert

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
The article claims one can stream on XBOX 360. Is that true? It's not listed as one of the devices supported. Only XBOX ONE is. I had XBOX ONE last year but do not have it this year, only a 360, so curious if it will work or not.

Aug 9, 2018
I am totally not buying that. There is no other promotional offer you can get, and you must be doing something pretty shady to keep on getting these deals. The one that my husband signs up for every August when they have their biggest promotional deals for NFL Sunday Ticket runs about a one-month fee of about $95, and about $80 after the first month for the remaining of the season. I called them and even asked about your "customer loyalty" deal. It's bull, and it is completely null. There is something you are definitely not saying.

Nov 18, 2018
Seems to me, if they can reduce the price to students, why no retirees or veterans (active or retired) or, for that matter, make the price lower so that more people can afford it. I only really care to watch one team, I am a retired veteran and I can't afford (nor would I pay that much just to watch one team) to lay out that kind of cash. The NFL really is in this to make money (and so is Direct TV) and I have no problem with making a profit, but let's be reasonable about it. NFL topped $8 billion for 2017. I have no idea how much DirectTV makes, but I am pretty sure it is a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.