Question How to get older image versions of Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonBorn1511

Honorable
Dec 19, 2014
Hello,

So my laptop has a windows 8.1 (or 8) pro key within it's BIOS, and as i'm sure most of you are well aware, installing windows 10 on a 7/8/8.1 machine and using a code, or the automatic activation code within the BIOS works just fine.

However my question is there anyway to get older images of older windows 10 versions? For example, the current one is 1809, i'm looking for around 1803.

Is there anywhere I can find this?

And before someone says "don't get an older one, it's not safe" or whatever, it'll still receive all the latest updates just fine, so there's no problems there.

Cheers,

DragonBorn1511

DragonBorn1511

Honorable
Dec 19, 2014
Why install an older version just to spend hours (or days) updating it to current? Just download the latest version from Microsoft and be done with it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I used to use 1803 fully updated on my laptop, worked fine no issues whatsoever.

I've used the latest 1809 (I'm using an Elitebook 725 G2 with windows 8 pro license in the BIOS) and it had a few niggles that really annoyed me (occured on 3 diffeent hard drives). I went back to 1803 that was still on my other hard drive, worked fine. Since then I have upgraded to an SSD, and also put that drive into a different laptop.

Therefore the best solution for me is to use an older versio nand just update it, which doesn't take days.

I totally understand your guys' confusion, but I just require an older version fo windows 10, and i've no idea where to get it.

USAFRet

Titan
What specific issues?

An older version WILL update itself quite soon.
Or
Actually disable itself after 18 months.

Find and fix the problems, instead of trying (and failing) to force the system to stay at a particular Win 10 version level.

DragonBorn1511

Honorable
Dec 19, 2014
What specific issues?

An older version WILL update itself quite soon.
Or
Actually disable itself after 18 months.

Find and fix the problems, instead of trying (and failing) to force the system to stay at a particular Win 10 version level.

No i am not forcing it to stay at a particular level.

At the time ,according to windows update, at the time it was fully updated, with zero issues.

Does anyone actually know where I can get one?

I understand you guys are trying to help out, and I really do greatly appreciate it. but I just want to find somewhere I can get an older image.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
there is no official place to get older versions.

MS wants you on the current one, hence the FORCED updates. i'm sure there is an archived copy somewhere out on the web but you are almost 100% guaranteed it is not an untouched copy. you take a ton of risks using anything but an official copy and MS is only giving out the new version at any given time

so the answer is, no MS does not supply older versions. and yes most "archived" copies have been tampered with to include all kinds of nasty stuff.

Colif

Win 11 Master
1803 won't get updates for very much longer. As of May the new version is released, meaning 1809 & 1903 will be only officially supported versions and your 1803 will be set to constantly bug you to update.

So enjoy the next few weeks on 1803 as they might be the last

DragonBorn1511

Honorable
Dec 19, 2014
1803 won't get updates for very much longer. As of May the new version is released, meaning 1809 & 1903 will be only officially supported versions and your 1803 will be set to constantly bug you to update.

So enjoy the next few weeks on 1803 as they might be the last

DOesn't it just update itself though? My understanding of windows 10 (or any windows for that matter, that still receives udpates) is that overtime it will just update itself to the latest version.

there is no official place to get older versions.

MS wants you on the current one, hence the FORCED updates. i'm sure there is an archived copy somewhere out on the web but you are almost 100% guaranteed it is not an untouched copy. you take a ton of risks using anything but an official copy and MS is only giving out the new version at any given time

so the answer is, no MS does not supply older versions. and yes most "archived" copies have been tampered with to include all kinds of nasty stuff.

Well I guess that's that then hahaha, if I can't get one officially, no point at all. I'm not stupid (or dodgy enough) to get one from an unofficial source.

Cheers for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.