[SOLVED] How to get open NAT type?

lucas1996

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
I have a Technicolor TG789vn v3 router and my nat type is strict. This is a problem because I cant connect to my friends when we are the hosts of an online game. I tried searching the net but I didn't manage to get the nat type open. My upnp is enabled. Anyone that can help me out?

Solution
UPnP is used to automatically open ports for applications. The problem is it is a security risk because malware can also open ports. It is better to have it disabled and do your port forwarding manually.

Here is a guide to port forwarding on your router. You will need to look up which ports based on your application. If this is on a computer, you may need to open those ports in the firewall also. If it is on a console, that should not be an issue.
UPnP is used to automatically open ports for applications. The problem is it is a security risk because malware can also open ports. It is better to have it disabled and do your port forwarding manually.

Here is a guide to port forwarding on your router. You will need to look up which ports based on your application. If this is on a computer, you may need to open those ports in the firewall also. If it is on a console, that should not be an issue.

Solution