[SOLVED] How to get PS3 headset working connected to an Acer Predator XB241H

Jun 21, 2019
Hi guys, i need to find the solution on how to get PS3 headset (official one) working whilst being connected to an Acer Predator XB241H.

Of course there is no connection on a PS3 controller for a headset and my gaming monitor has no audio jack so I don't know what adapters, composite cables etc I need.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

I only bought a PS3 so I could play WWE 13 and WWE 2K14 for the 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode. But it's just not the same without a headset as I cannot really hear the sound from my monitor.

Solution
Hi, thanks for your reply.

No forget about the computer that's irrelevant. I have a PS3 headset, my monitor is an Acer Predator and I want to listen to the audio from my PS3 through the PS3 headset.

I can plug in the USB of the headset to the PS3 but there is also a separate audio jack which needs to be connected to something but I don't have anything to connect it to. It is supposed to go into a TV or a monitor but my Acer Predator monitor doesn't have an audio jack so with these conditions I can't listen to audio through my PS3 headset.

Have I explained it a bit better now?

According to this https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-connect-headphones-to-the-ps3 you would connect that to the audio out on the PS3
Not exactly sure what you are trying to do here, are you trying to get sound from the PS3 routed through the Acer computer, or are you trying to use the PS3 headset on the computer like a normal set of headphones? If the former, why not connect the headset to the PS3 directly? You were saying something about working connected to the Acer but then also were talking about the PS3 controller and your PS3 games, so the question is a bit confusing.

Jun 21, 2019
Not exactly sure what you are trying to do here, are you trying to get sound from the PS3 routed through the Acer computer, or are you trying to use the PS3 headset on the computer like a normal set of headphones? If the former, why not connect the headset to the PS3 directly? You were saying something about working connected to the Acer but then also were talking about the PS3 controller and your PS3 games, so the question is a bit confusing.

No forget about the computer that's irrelevant. I have a PS3 headset, my monitor is an Acer Predator and I want to listen to the audio from my PS3 through the PS3 headset.

I can plug in the USB of the headset to the PS3 but there is also a separate audio jack which needs to be connected to something but I don't have anything to connect it to. It is supposed to go into a TV or a monitor but my Acer Predator monitor doesn't have an audio jack so with these conditions I can't listen to audio through my PS3 headset.

According to this https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-connect-headphones-to-the-ps3 you would connect that to the audio out on the PS3

Solution