How To Get Rid Of Monitor Generated Warning?

CaptinUnC

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
So i just bought an Acer GN246HL (144hz) Has HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, and i have my existing reference RX 480 which has x3 DP and x1 HDMI. I Have an HDMI to a DVI Cable (https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HDMI-DVI-Adapter-Cable/dp/B014I8UQJY/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1483651705&sr=1-1&keywords=AmazonBasics+HDMI+to+DVI+Adapter+Cable) plugged in.The Problem is that when i increase my monitor refresh rate to anything above >65hz it gives me this very annoying Blue message saying "Incorrect cable please use The dual link DVI cable that came with your monitor"
The thing is Its ran fine at 144hz and I can see it looks like it is 144hz and and no its not maxed at 120hz cuz i tried it and saw diffrance. I even gamed on it for more than 20-30 mins and no crashes, its just the blue message with the warning So how would i get rid of this message Without buying an Active adapter.

NOTE: I would not like to buy an Active adapter cause its expensive
The Message is not from Windows its from the monitor, yes i checked the monitor settings

Solution
HDMI 2.0 (on the RX480) can do 144hz when passed via DVI-D Dual Link. The only way to achieve that is via a ~$150+ active adapter (both HDMI 2.0 or DP via an activate adapter).

I don't know what you think you see, but the warning is there because you are running at above the abilities of the DVI cable attached.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
HDMI 2.0 (on the RX480) can do 144hz when passed via DVI-D Dual Link. The only way to achieve that is via a ~$150+ active adapter (both HDMI 2.0 or DP via an activate adapter).

I don't know what you think you see, but the warning is there because you are running at above the abilities of the DVI cable attached.

Solution