Question How to get rid of this black screen of madness?

ozzi3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
Just a layman PC user. My ultimate problem solving mechanism is re-installing everything. But this time it seems not solving the problem. So, I need some hands. Don't know if this is the right room here.

A black screen displayed on the monitor upon booting. It's just a black screen like you turn off the monitor. I can't see the BIOS. It gets straight to the desktop just like you turn on the monitor and suddenly showed up. What bothers me the most is how it takes so long to get in. It also happens when gets back from the sleep mode. After the re installation didn't work out, I assume this is a hardware issue. I've also tried to change the battery. It's getting worse after a power outage yesterday that makes it longer to show up and now it adds a blue screen and a sudden self-rebooting.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It's getting worse after a power outage yesterday that makes it longer to show up and now it adds a blue screen and a sudden self-rebooting.
can you get into windows?

what are specs of the PC?
is it custom made or pre made? if pre made, what make/model?
If custom, what parts are in the PC?

if you can get into windows, one way to get to bios is

1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose UEFI firmware interface
PC should restart and load you into BIOS.

ozzi3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
can you get into windows?

Yes, I can.

CPU
AMD FX-6300
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 970A-D3P (CPU 1)
Graphics
SyncMaster (1360x768@60Hz)
1024MB ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series (ATI AIB)
Storage
238GB ADATA SP900 ATA Device (SATA (SSD))

Are these all the specs you need?

Colif

Win 11 Master
What bothers me the most is how it takes so long to get in.
so its slow to boot?

try running this on ssd, it has tests for the drive - https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/adata_ssd_toolbox.html

It's getting worse after a power outage yesterday that makes it longer to show up and now it adds a blue screen and a sudden self-rebooting.

could be the drive or it might be another part of the PC that is causing windows to wait and show a black screen until it times out, and continues to load.

ozzi3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
could be the drive or it might be another part of the PC that is causing windows to wait and show a black screen until it times out, and continues to load.

ok. there's this. when turning on the power, the LED lits for a second then dies for a second before it lits again. power supply?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS