Question How to get skype to work?

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
This did work years ago.

I have microsoft life cam 3000 / Windows 7(64) Creative labs sound blaster card.

When I use the Microsoft LifeCam software the camera works
When I go to Microsoft Sound app and choose Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 and set as default I see the green bar graph going up and down so that suggests that the microphone on it is working properly.

When I launch the newly downloaded skype (Skype version 8.58.0.98 ) and click on the top menu Activate now and select Start call I hear the woman's voice asking me to say something. This is not working. My voice is not played back but the sound output to the speakers is fine and according to the microsoft sound app the microphone is also working.

I can't get my head around this.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
I have downloaded skype version 8.59.0.77. The sound on microsoft app shows an active microphone default LifeCam VX-3000. Microsoft Life cam app is also working fine. I think that skype is looking for the wrong sound input.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Thank you it works fine now. It was to do with settings Even though I selected the camera phone as a default in windows I had to select it within skype. Funny though... Half way through the announcement plaid back, I closed down skype but the audio carried on till the end. It didn't stop when I closed skype.