Question How to get the animation clip in Microsoft Edge under Windows 10?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hello, when I opened Microsoft Edge, an animation showed up as the background. Can I download that animation clip and perhaps apply it as the wallpaper?

Colif

Win 11 Master
its possible they are in:

The Edge cached files stored in the following directory: \Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.

but no guarantees (link is 3 years old, might relate to old Edge)

if it changes once a day I guess there is no need for it to save them, unlike pictures used on Lock screen.

Reactions: modeonoff

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
its possible they are in:

The Edge cached files stored in the following directory: \Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.

but no guarantees (link is 3 years old, might relate to old Edge)

if it changes once a day I guess there is no need for it to save them, unlike pictures used on Lock screen.

Thank you. I cannot find that directory. Probably they changed it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
folder still exists, you need to have explorer showing hidden items
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files-0320fe58-0117-fd59-6851-9b7f9840fdb2

but that just opens up another question, as there are 123 items in that folder and many are folders themselves
All folders are labelled as Microsoft , ie they are called Microsoft.BingNews as an example
i can see bing news & bing weather but as I don't have that background running, I don't know if it would have one for backgrounds.
None of the ones labelled MicrosoftEdge appear to be related

6HcCerI.jpg

from what I can tell, its only a new feature so more info about it will come out as time passes.

Last edited: