How to get the lowest latency VNC connection ?

sadeq97

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
I have two computers connected directly via gigabit ethernet ports (manual IPs)
first one is z270 (Intel I219V) onboard gigabit ethernet
second is an old gigabyte socket 775 motherboard that uses (Realtek RTL8111E) onboard Gigabit ethernet !
I have no bandwidth Issues (120MB/s) file transfer rate
now to the real work
I've set the VNC connection to RAW meaning there is no encoding/decoding process and it takes a bandwidth of 80MB/s.
still I feel the connection is not smooth as if I'm sitting on the real computer (a little bit laggy)
I've tested the ping between the two machines while the vnc connection is OFF and it ranges between 0.126ms-0.400ms with avg of 0.322ms
but when I'm using VNC the ping AVG is 1.389ms and MAXES at 3.236ms as you can see in the photo.
so is there a way to lower the latency ?
I'm more concerned about the second machine ethernet chip (Realtek RTL8111E), since it's an old model, is it the cause of this latency....meaning if I buy a second machine with a new onboard ethernet chip like (Intel I219V) will I get lower latency ?
if not what is the lowest latency ethernet cards in the market ?, do pci express ethernet cards have higher latency than that on onboard ethernet chips? , will it also affect whether the PCIe ethernet card is installed on a cpu or motherboard (PCH) lanes slot ?
I know it's complicated but I want to get the lowest latency possible
see the photo if it helps
http://imgur.com/a/B8GW3
I've check this page and they are claiming that their gigabit ethernet has a latency of only 400 nanoseconds (0.0004ms) but I can't find their chips anywhere
http://newscenter.ti.com/2015-11-17-TI-introduces-lowest-latency-highest-ESD-industrial-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHYs-enabling-real-time-Industry-4-0-applications

What is your issue with a extra 2ms does it actually cause you any problems. A person can not detect 2ms.

It is likely the vnc application causing the delay. Your data must now pass though a program on both ends. It may not be as intense as vpn but the main cpu must encode all the data. The nic cards are really stupid the just pass data they don't know whats in the data so it makes no difference what you are running.

sadeq97

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

it doesn't cause me a real problem, but it just annoys me when I'm using the second machine for a long session.
I'm more interested if a lag free vnc connection is possible by any means(I've tried using vnc through a VM so the server and the client are on the same machine but I faced the same latency), I'm going to buy a pair of NICs for vnc anyway so I want to confirm if buying a low latency NIC will solve this little problem