How to get unique public IP addresses on multiple devices?

thufz

Reputable
May 17, 2015
I'm trying to access a website using multiple devices which each have a unique public (external) ip address.

I have tried using multiple vpn services but the website recognises the ip is coming from a vpn server. the only other method I can think of is actually getting another internet source apart from my home broadband, e.g. mobile broadband, mobile (cellular) data. However, it is rather costly for the high end usage plans.

is there any other method, were I can access the website using lets say 3 devices where each has its own unique public ip address, which is not too costly.

Thanks for the help.

Note: I've noticed that when you turn your mobile phone into a hotspot the public (external) IP address on the phone (75.205.83.34) is different to the public IP address on the device connected to the hotspot (75.205.73.47). is there a way to do this using home broadband (home wifi).

Depends on your ISP. If you have a cable modem you can just purchase multiple IP. Generally the ip get assigned to mac addresses as they connect.

DSL is a little harder, many times you must run the device in bridge mode and then run multiple session with pppoe.

Pretty much you need to call the ISP and ask them how they provide this service. Most times it is something like $10/month/extra ip.

thufz

Reputable
May 17, 2015

I forgot to mention it. i already asked my ISP and they don't provide extra IP addresses for regular customers, only business customer.

You would then need to get a business account. Any other solution is some form of vpn. You could for example place a server at a hosting center and have the ISP there give you multiple addresses. You would then build a vpn to your server and have it assign ips to your local machines. Since it is a private vpn server the end sites you are going to would not see it as vpn.

Still it is costly so it likely would be better to just pay you ISP for a business account.