How to have both type of recovery in a single setup DVD

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I have made windows AIO disk using DISM but never thought about this. Well I saw every windows setup disk has a recovery built in boot.wim. But we never stressed on boot.wim when making AIO. We always merge two install.wim & because a x86 boot.wim handles both x86 & x64 install.wim so we use only x86 boot.wim.

Now the question is in those cases if I install x64 OS & after that if I need recovery from setup disk then the recovery which is in AIO says this OS is not supported.
I dont know if it is only for me but I read that a recovery depends on same architecture of OS. So how to merge two boot.wim to have both type of recovery.

I know I can make two folder for two structure and create a bcd to call the respected folder. But I want to merge both boot.wim & install.wim. Two boot.wim is ok but no two install.wim.

Anyone know how to do this?

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

well I have created a multi boot drive. So need to save space in the pen drive. I have downloaded a multi architecture win10 iso from media creation tool. But size is 5.5GB :(

Well this iso have both 32bit and 64bit setup plus both type of recovery. That is it have two boot.wim and two install.wim. I can merge install.wim. But cant merge boot.wim files

So you are saying there is no way to merge boot.wim files two a single?? :(