Question Dual monitor on a asus maximus hero vi without graphics card

drakejest

Commendable
Jun 8, 2021
Hello,

I have a very old motherboard the asus maximus hero vi that i would like to have dual monitor on, the graphics card has died and the motherboard only features a single video port. I planning to buy a new graphics card but the prices are still very high to my liking so i have to make do with intel graphics. I can still do my stuff with it but the lack of dual monitor is hurting my productivity. Is there anyway i can add back my second monitor? hopefully that can be done in less than 50$ ?

I was thinking of buying a USB C PCIE expansion card and use that as a display output but a user from this thread said that it cant be done.

What are my other possible options?

drakejest

Commendable
Jun 8, 2021
I have a very old motherboard the asus maximus hero vi that i would like to have dual monitor on, the graphics card has died and the motherboard only features a single video port. I planning to buy a new graphics card but the prices are still very high to my liking so i have to make do with intel graphics. I can still do my stuff with it but the lack of dual monitor is hurting my productivity. Is there anyway i can add back my second monitor? hopefully that can be done in less than 50$ ?

I was thinking of buying a USB C PCIE expansion card and use that as a display output but a user from this thread said that it cant be done.