How to improve my World of Warcraft FPS

Thebonius

Honorable
Jun 14, 2014
So, like the title says I'm looking for ways to improve my FPS in World of Warcraft. It rarely goes over 60fps while playing, even on low settings it stays at 55-60. I've tried different things like reinstalling WoW, changing my processor form 8 to 2 and 4 cores(in different tries), overclocking both my CPU and GPU and a couple HDD scans.

The thing that annoyes me the most is when I'm in a raid/pvp encounter and my fps drops to about 20, I have been down at 5-7fps at the worst.

Any tips are welcome, tho I'm probably not going to upgrade any hardware anytime soon(since i bought the GPU about a month ago and my budget ain't that big)

My Setup Is:
ASUS Formula V Crosshair
Sapphire Radeon R9 290
AMD FX-8320 8-core cpu (clocked at 3.8GHz at the moment)

Thebonius

Honorable
Jun 14, 2014

Well, this is a very genereal article, but there is nothing there that i haven't tried allready. Also, my computer is not generally slow, I play BF4 on ultra with 50-60fps if not more. It is only WoW i actually have fps trouble with.
But thanks for linking it as i think many will find it usefull :)

I suspect an addon.. that spec should be doing MUCH better..
Have you disabled ALL addons and rechecked? a rogue addon can have that kind of impact.

Cheers

Thebonius

Honorable
Jun 14, 2014

Just tried it 5min ago. It's still the same 55-60fps got a solid 100fps when there were no players on my screen in AV tho, but when I went into the "bossroom" the fps instantly dropped to 20 again. Gonna try reinstalling WoW to see if the problem is in the files or something.

Thebonius

Honorable
Jun 14, 2014

does this include all the FX cpu's or just the 8cores? some of the quad/octa cores are quite cheap where i live, so if they're any better i might think of buy one.

Thebonius

Honorable
Jun 14, 2014

This would be a solution indeed if it did not include me having to swap both CPU and Motherboard.. Since my budget is not the greatest i might afford to change cpu but not both at the same time. My motherboard uses an AM3+ socket, and if you can find me a cpu that uses that socket, which is also an upgrade for my system i might consider it.

Indivision2

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015

Buy Intel

Latest posts