How to increase CPU fan Speed

UAExDEVIL

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I wanted to know how i can increase my CPU fan speed because it is so quiet but the CPU is so hot so i wanted to be able to control it my self
so if there is a program or some think for that?

kez1304

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007
There tends to be an auto fan speed in your BIOS (is on mine anyway), which you could try tinkering with, or as IcY18 said, if you can adapt it so it DOESN'T run through your MB it should run at full speed all the time

N D

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
- Just today I got freeware (via this forum) - SpeedFan (Start as an administrator).
- I (ASUS Notebook F3JSeries) apparently have 4 fans - all of them were set to start at 40C - by some Chinese geezer (Assembled in China) - so I reset to 20C and 15C - now they seem to be working all the time (I set an automatic speed adjust as I don't seem to be able to control the speed with my motherboard) so basically I'm fine now.
P.S. I also set screen brightness to 30% (was 100) - before getting SpeedFan - via Energy Plan Settings. It's not heating at all now.

Is your cpu heatsink fan plugged into your motherboard or your power supply?

According to a technical review at Xbit Labs your Silent Knight is equipped with a 92mm fan. The fan speed is constant at ~2200rpm, creating 52.25CFM airflow. The fan does not have a speed controller.

Sev07

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
the speedFan program is suck...
it doesnt detect my fan at all....
BTW i use a stock fan...
when the first time i buy my computer the CPUID Hardware Monitor show my fan running on 2000rpm but now it decreasing to 950rpm it totally suck... some1 pls help me :(

Sev07

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

i juz buy last year.... Thnx for the reply.... i already fix that problem yesterday... i go into bios and i change my fan speed.... actually i never know how to change something in bios so i juz change it... luckly it work :D

motherboard= ECS GF7050VT-M5 (chipset nvidia) (socket 775 lga)
processor = intel Pentium dual core E2220
RAM = 1 GB kingston value ram (my onboard graphic use 128mb from
my RAM so it become 896MB :heink: it suck i want to upgrade
this year)
Harddisk = Hitachi something..... something and its 80GB also want to
upgrade this year
casing = juz a normal casing.... i dun know what brand it is but i love its
color

G

Maybe cuz theres chunks of dust in between the heatsink

Anwarngc

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

acer aspire d255e netbook, plz anyone giv me a soln for this,,, thank u))