Question How to Increase Dedicated Video Ram?

Apr 2, 2019
So I tried playing Assassin's Creed 3, and looked up its system requirements. It said that I needed to have 512mb of dedicated video ram. Checked my pc specs and found out that it had only 64 mb, but the shared system memory had a lot more. Is there anyway to increase it? I'm using dell optiplex 980.

So I tried playing Assassin's Creed 3, and looked up its system requirements. It said that I needed to have 512mb of dedicated video ram. Checked my pc specs and found out that it had only 64 mb, but the shared system memory had a lot more. Is there anyway to increase it? I'm using dell optiplex 980.

You don't just need any random 512mb of video RAM, the system requirements list the card range you should have, which you don't. Your onboard Intel video chip won't cut it.

"
  • VIDEO CARD: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 4850)
"

If you have the desktop model, a card like the nVidia GT730 GDDR5 may work, if a tower, then the 750Ti may be OK. Either way, make sure you check for an updated BIOS first.