How to increase dedicated vram on hp envy

Oct 8, 2018
hello guys i really need help. I just bought a laptop for my studies at the collage and after collage i decided to get into some gaming. My laptop was having only 128mb of dedicated vram and most modern games like GTA V, battleground,Assassin's creed odyssey and even Assassin's creed brotherhood my past favourite can't be played on it. I tried using the BIOS but there was no option in the BIOS.(version: Insyde F.42). I have 12gb of RAM and the laptop's name is HP Envy 15m-bp012dx. I really needhelp urgently.

Solution

Unfortunately I don't think that is an option either. The vast majority of external graphics require a Thunderbolt connector and it doesn't look like your model laptop has one.

There is one way to get an external GPU but it involves some hardware enthusiast levels of shenanigans which will likely include running your laptop with the bottom of the case completely open. You'll have to research quite a bit and while the performance seems worth it, there is a risk to your hardware.
Well, I'm afraid that you are out of luck any way that you look at it. Those laptops are designed to dynamically allocate RAM to video, so you can be using up to 6 GB (according to their specifications) despite it only reporting 128MB. However, that isn't the problem. The problem is the power of the Intel iGPU. The HD 620 is ok for light gaming and great for productivity, but AAA titles from the past few years are out of the question. It just doesn't have the graphical processing power needed for those titles.

Unfortunately I don't think that is an option either. The vast majority of external graphics require a Thunderbolt connector and it doesn't look like your model laptop has one.

There is one way to get an external GPU but it involves some hardware enthusiast levels of shenanigans which will likely include running your laptop with the bottom of the case completely open. You'll have to research quite a bit and while the performance seems worth it, there is a risk to your hardware.

Solution
Oct 8, 2018
Well thanks That has given me hope i have already ordered the NVIDIA GTX 1050ti together with all the necessary equipment by the help of a video on youtube I don't care about removing the back cover as I have put in place measures to prevent any hardware damages. Thanks a lot tomshardware.com You are the best kudos