[SOLVED] How to increase Integrated VRAM?

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hello everyone, I have an Acer Aspire E 15 E 5-576-392H, and was wondering if i could increase my integrated VRAM to at least 2gb, or the max amount if it's less than that. If it's possible, how can I do it? I only have 128mb as of now.
Specs that might be needed:
CPU: Core i3-8130U
GPU: Intel UHD 620
RAM: 12gb DDR3 (upgraded)
1TB Hard drive
Any replies are greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

Solution
If you can then there would be an option to do so in the BIOS. I can tell you, that for that platform, there is most probably not, but without knowing the motherboard model it would be completely impossible to say for sure. I can say for ALMOST sure, that I don't recall seeing allocation options for Intel iGPU system memory on 8th gen boards, but again, I can't say for 100% certain without knowing the board model.

The fact that you have an OEM system, makes it a lot less likely or possible, to the point of pretty much, no, you can't.
If you can then there would be an option to do so in the BIOS. I can tell you, that for that platform, there is most probably not, but without knowing the motherboard model it would be completely impossible to say for sure. I can say for ALMOST sure, that I don't recall seeing allocation options for Intel iGPU system memory on 8th gen boards, but again, I can't say for 100% certain without knowing the board model.

The fact that you have an OEM system, makes it a lot less likely or possible, to the point of pretty much, no, you can't.

Solution

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019

Hm. Okay. I was looking foreword to running Mirrors Edge on my laptop, but I’ll have to wait until I gets get my real pc. Thanks!!

No, that is usually for safe mode. BIOS is usually accessed by pressing the Delete or F2 keys, but it can vary from brand to brand and from laptops to desktops. Check the user manual for your motherboard or laptop, it always has instructions on how to access the BIOS/UEFI setup program.

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
No, that is usually for safe mode. BIOS is usually accessed by pressing the Delete or F2 keys, but it can vary from brand to brand and from laptops to desktops. Check the user manual for your motherboard or laptop, it always has instructions on how to access the BIOS/UEFI setup program.
Got to bios, there wasn’t no setting to change this. Thanks though!